Allenby French Immersion Registration Information
SK French Immersion Program for September 2018 will be accepted on-line from October 30th 1st through November 30th, 2017 . Only students living in the Allenby catchment area are eligible to apply for the Allenby French Immersion SK program. Parents/guardians must apply by the 30th of November .The applications are not handled on a first-come-first-served basis. Siblings of those already in the program also have to do the on-line application. Late applicants are given a spot only if there is extra space.
NOTE: This year the French Department is not holding French Immersion information evenings at elementary schools (i.e, at Allenby). A list of a number of Information Evenings at a variety of Secondary Schools will be published (at accessible sites across the city). Parents wanting to learning more about SK entry into French Immersion can attend one of these sessions. Once a list of dates and locations is made available, this information will be posted to this page of our website and communicated via the APA Newsletter.
Please Note: While admission to the Early French Immersion (SK entry)/Junior Extended French (Grade 4 entry) program is guaranteed at the entry points to all eligible on time applicants, admission to a specific school is not guaranteed if the school reaches capacity. Application to begin these programs is open to all students not already enrolled in an FSL program.
Early French Immersion (Senior Kindergarten (SK) Entry)
Applications to the Early French Immersion program are made the year your child is in Junior Kindergarten (or is of Junior Kindergarten age) for entry in Senior Kindergarten. It is an entirely online process. All communication will be sent via the email address you provide. Please check your email regularly, including junk mail folders.
Please visit the application site www.tdsb.on.ca/pars.
- You will need your child’s date of birth and OEN. The OEN is a 9-digit number found on any report card from the TDSB.
- For non-TDSB students, please select the “Non-TDSB Student” option and follow the steps to generate an identification number. You must then return to the PARS site and follow the application procedure with this number.
- Please select the Early Immersion Program (SK) from the drop-down menu, and complete the application process.
On-time applicants will be offered a placement online via the email address you have provided. You MUST take action to accept this placement by the deadline requested when you are offered a placement.
Offers of placement will be ongoing throughout the weeks and months following the close of the application period. Please check your email regularly, including junk mail folders, and follow any instructions.
Application process opens: Monday, October 30, 2017
Deadline for applications: Thursday, November 30 2017
- While every effort will be made to place students in the school identified as their area French Immersion school, this is not always possible. In cases where the number of applications in a given area is greater than the number of spaces in the school, students may be redirected to schools with available space.
- Placements are made based on the address you provide prior to the application deadline. If your address changes between the application deadline and the fall of the SK year, there is no guarantee of placement in your new area.