CODE OF CONDUCT
Armour Heights is a safe, enjoyable place to learn. We believe that our expectations relating to a SAFE, CARING, and RESPECTFUL ENVIRONMENT, AND RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR by our students and staff are both reasonable and achievable.
At Armour Heights, we expect all students to:
- Rough play, fighting, or behaviour that can hurt someone is not allowed. Everyone deserves to feel safe at school.
RESPECT AND CARE FOR OTHERS
- We do not hurt other people by what we say.
- We care about other people’s feelings and respect all people. Name calling, teasing and foul language hurt people’s feelings and make others uncomfortable.
- Everyone is responsible for his or her own behaviour.
- Control your own behaviour with good decision-making. Do not make excuses or blame others for your actions.
When students have make negative choices or have difficulties problem solving or applying conflict resolution strategies, logical consequences will occur. These strategies are:
- Discussions with the Yard Duty and/or classroom teacher
- Discussion with the Principal
- Consequences for inappropriate behaviour – e.g. missing recess, letter home to parents
- Parental involvement
Everyone makes mistakes. We believe that students can learn to solve problems with appropriate conflict resolution strategies and effective decision-making skills.
BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, INLINE SKATES AND SCOOTERS
Bicycle helmets should be worn when riding to and from school. Bikes are to be locked in the bike stand provided at the back of the school.
Skateboards, inline skates and scooters are not to be used on school property. They should be used for commuting purposes only.
Crossing guards are available to assist students crossing the street at Yonge Boulevard and Wilson Avenue, Belgrave Avenue and Wilson Avenue, and Avenue road and Wilson Avenue. We encourage students to use these safe areas to travel to and from school. Students and parents are asked to cross Wilson on the west side of Belgrave.