The dress code reflects the input received from the School Council, our Safe School’s Committee, our staff and students. Its implementation and observance is subject to the discretion of staff.
• Clothing should be appropriate for the school environment and should reflect the positive learning tone of the school.
• It is expected that students will wear clothing (tops and bottoms) that cover all parts of any undergarment. Tops and bottoms should meet and see through or extremely tight-fitting clothing is not appropriate for the school environment.
• Skirts, skorts and shorts should be at a suitable length.
• Slogans, language and pictures/depictions on clothing and accessories should reflect the positive tone of the school and should not be offensive to any group in the greater community.
• Headgear, including caps, hats and any form of bandanna, kerchief or stocking band, is not permitted in the school building or on indoor trips representing the school. Headgear worn for religious or medical reasons is permitted in the school and on all trips.
Consequences of not adhering to the above dress code:
Students will be asked to change the inappropriate attire (e.g. turn the shirt inside out) and parents will be notified.