Using nature as our inspiration while investigating on a trail, students will explore and learn about various elements of art and principles of design using cameras as their creative tool. Pictures from all cameras will be burned onto a disc and sent to your school to allow for reflection and post Hillside activities.
- D 1 Creating and Presenting: apply the creative process to produce art works in a variety of traditional two- and three dimensional forms, as well as multimedia art works, that communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings, using elements, principles, and techniques of visual arts as well as current media technologies
- D 1.1. create art works, using a variety of traditional forms and current media technologies, that express feelings, ideas, and issues, including opposing points of view
- D 1.2. demonstrate an understanding of composition, using multiple principles of design
- D 1.3. use elements of design in art works to communicate ideas, messages, and understandings for a specific audience and purpose
- D 1.4. use a variety of materials, tools, techniques, and technologies to determine solutions to increasingly complex design challenges