Market Lane Public School is committed to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all students, teachers, staff, parents, guardians and other community members.
This code of behaviour outlines the rights and responsibilities to attain the best learning environment possible.
"Students must be helped to grow beyond concern for self and learn to include concern for others ultimately to extend that concern to include the rights of all.”
- Ministry of Education
Rights and Responsibilities:
All students have the right to receive the best education possible in a safe, clean and nurturing environment.
All students, staff, parents and guardians have a responsibility to each other to interact respectfully, work cooperatively and follow Market Lane's Code of Behaviour.
Respect Others, Yourself and Your School
- Be polite and respectful to everyone Respect your school property
- Dispose of litter and trash appropriately
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Keep the school and grounds clean and tidy
- Respect school materials, personal belongings, other people's belongings and displays.
- Respect diversity and uniqueness
- Discrimination on the basis of race, culture, religion, gender, language, disability, sexual orientation or any other attribute is unacceptable
- No put downs
- Appreciate each other
- Physical, verbal or sexual assault is unacceptable
- Treat others fairly, in the way you would like to be treated
- Be on time and be prepared for learning Be in class before the national anthem
- Attend school regularly
- Enter, exit and move around the school in a safe, orderly and calm manner
- Use appropriate exits and stairwells
- Remain in supervised areas upon arrival at school, during recess and lunch
- Dispose of gum, food and drink before entering the school
- Use the crosswalk at all times when crossing the Esplanade
- Inform your teacher and the school office if you are going to be absent, late or need to leave school early
- Consult a school staff member when you are unable to solve a problem
- Follow directions/instructions promptly
- Our school is a hat free zone
- Use of cellular phones or pagers are not permitted at school.
- Prescriptions drugs must be given to the office and administered by a staff member
- All activites should be safe
- Contact sports and games are prohibited
- Use words to solve problems
- Manage anger and handle conflicts in peaceful and socially acceptable ways
- Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself
- Use appropriate language
- No fighting or playfighting
- Bullying will not be tolerated
- Unsafe objects and weapons of any kind are prohibited
Strive for Your Best
- Complete all assignments and homework with your best effort Be a positive role model
- Set a good example for others with your attitudes, actions and words
- Have the courage to “not follow the crowd” when others are acting inappropriately
- Create opportunities for yourself
- Work hard and try your very best
- Never settle for less than your best and be all that you can be!