About the Allenby Parents’ Association (APA)
The APA is a parent-run organization that provides support for your children’s education through communication and fundraising.All parents with children attending Allenby Public School are members of the APA.
We do a great job at Allenby to keep you informed and connected. Please refer to the Communications tab on the APA website for information on:
- Website: Visit www.allenbyparents.com for everything you need to know about the APA!
- Twitter:Follow us at @AllenbyPS for important updates.
- Newsletters: Have you opted in yet to receive the weekly newsletter?Go to http://allenbyparents.com/blog2/communications/newsletter/ to opt in.
- 2018 Family Directory: Accepting online forms ONLY - all new families and change of information for returning families should be submitted online before September 15, 2018. (http://allenbyparents.com/blog2/communications/family-directory/).
- Class Representatives: Each class has a Representative parent (or two) that acts as a conduit for information between the APA and the parents in the class.Class Reps will introduce themselves once selected by your classroom teacher.
Mark your calendars now!Meetings are held every other month on Wednesday evenings. The APA will be meeting in the library from 7pm to 9pm according to the following schedule:
Wednesday September 19
Wednesday November 28
Wednesday December 12 (informal holiday "meeting" at a TBD location)
Wednesday January 30
Wednesday March 27
Wednesday May 29
Every Allenby parent/guardian is welcome and encouraged to participate. Childcare is provided and funded by the APA to enable parents to attend the meetings.
Annual APA Fundraising Events
- Fall Fundraiser -Typically a parents’ only event that features an amazing silent auction.
- Lip Synch – Students start getting groups organized in January to perform during two nights of spectacular acts at the end of February.
- Fun Fair - An incredible community event for the whole family in June that features rides, exciting games, fantastic food and much more!