Welcome to Ms. Mihaly's classroom web page. Our online page will be used to update parents/guardians on classroom events, homework and additional information. Please continue to check Mackie Moments for school events and calendar.
- Pizza forms dues Tuesday November 21st, 2017
- Munsch all over
- We have started our new unit - Geometry
- The topics are two-dimensional shapes
- We will learn how to identify and classify two-dimentional shapes by side and angles properties
- We will learn to identify quadrilaterals and classify them by their geometric properties
- We will focus on problem solving strategies (guess and check, drawing out and find a pattern)
- Reading: summaries
- Writing: persuasive newsletters
- Oral Communication: This week students are practicing and presenting their debates. This activity is done in groups and involves research and oral communication skills.
- Day 4 is Library day for our class. Please ensure your child returns their library book(s) on or prior to Day 4.
At Home Strategies
- Writer's notebook: each night students are encouraged to write 15-30 minutes every night in their writer's notebook. Each student has a specific day to return their notebook. please review guidelines and suggestions posted in the notebook.
- Please find attached a link to the following Ontario document, which provides some
- guidance on how to support your child's Math learning at home.
Parent Guide Mathematics