The Safe School Team meets regularly to discuss all issues of school safety. The Team includes the Principal, the Family Council Chair, the Daycare Supervisor, a Teacher Representative, and the Caretaker. We work together to ensure our school is safe and has a positive school climate free of discrimination.
Members for the 2019-20 School Year are:
- Andreas Ghabrial, Principal
- Chris Crighton, Family Council Chair
- Rebecca Campbell, YMCA Supervisor
- Tudor Hodan, Teacher
- David Vuckovac, Caretaker
Our safe school plan is a collection of policies and procedures that ensure students, staff and community members are safe in our school. Components will include but not be limited to:
Our Safe School Team is responsible for maintaining this plan in order to foster a safe, inclusive, and accepting school climate.
February 3, 2020
- Clarify communication to community regarding YMCA, School and Community Use of the school yard by March 2020.
- 2nd Floor Security - All doors to be closed after 4pm including staircase doors. (except for permits)
- Bathroom Doors - swing to heavy - hook open or readjust swings to be safer
- Adults in Building - Reinforce through communication need to adults other than staff to have visitor passes. Entry to school for all adults is through the office.
- Buzzer for entry at Door 4 only for Parenting ON Centre. Not to be used by school aged children. Review start times for ON Centre and consider later start.
- Population pressure in ON Centre - Altering start times and providing more PM slots
- Next meeting set for March 9 @ 8:15 am
November 28, 2019
- Doors - all locked all day. Accommodations during school day for student recess times.
- Snow and Ice - Snow removal plan to support entry and exit of school.
- Hallways - Use dedicated raised area for all boots.
- Discrimination and Human Rights - Expected Practices reviewed by Staff
- Safe School School webpage http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/indianroad
- Lighting in school yard at night - times to be adjusted for winter.
- Door into playground from Kindergarten area - Consider redesign
- Door 4 stuck open - work order in to repair. Will confirm.
- Outdoor play - materials for outdoor play - needs to be more active - outdoor equipment for kindergarten students -
- Kinder lunch - change 60/15 to 45/30…
- Gates to school yard need to be closed at all times from 7:30 to 6:pm. Parent support to close is appreciated. Work order to align door hinges to work effectively.
- Kindergarten playground hinges also need alignment.
- Clarify Code of Conduct for all members of the community - staff, parents, community members and students
- Website for all information to school community. Emails to notify parents of changes or to highlight information as needed.
- Next meeting - January 24, 2020. December may be called if needed based on Staff and Council Meeting.