Sept. 13, 2018 (went out as an email)
As part of our construction project, a new asphalt pathway is being constructed to connect the sidewalk on Chartwell Road to both the portables and to the pavement near our entry doors. Some concerns were brought to my attention this morning regarding the temporary fencing and the construction of this pathway and the movement of trucks and equipment in the vicinity.
In response to these concerns and while the pathway is being completed, please note the following:
- No equipment will be moved or working during student drop off, pick up, or recess
- The machinery used for school-based projects have safety features including locks that do not allow machinery to swing over the area past the fencing
- Mrs. Lang and Mrs. Wright have spoken to each class in the Portables to review proper conduct, safety, and precautions
- Teachers are updated regularly about changes to movement and boundaries in the schoolyard
- Announcements have been made to all students to stay well back from the temporary fencing at all times
We expect this pathway to be completed by the end of next week with the asphalt arriving on Wednesday or Thursday. Once complete, the temporary fencing will be removed and families will be able to use the pathway.
Thank you for your patience and ongoing support with our renovations. We will continue to provide regular updates as work progresses. While we may experience some inconvenience in the coming months, even as we do our very best to minimize that, the net result of these projects will benefit students now and for many years to come. Be assured that our very top priority will always be the safety of students, staff and others in our care. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.