Dear Grade 8 Students, Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and Families:
Please find below a message from our Guidance Counsellor, Arlene Dixon.
“Do I need to send in an application to apply to our home high school?”
- There is no “application” that needs to be filled out with regards to applying to a “home” high school (a “home” school is a school that is attached to your home address…some of you may have two or more “home” high schools depending on where you live in the city, and whether or not parents share the same address). A student who wishes to attend their “home” high school will work with Arlene Dixon – their Guidance Counsellor in class to select their courses for grade 9.
- You child’s guidance counsellor will show the them how to input those courses into “myBlueprint”. (www.myBlueprint.ca/tdsb is a website where students pick courses for the next grade, make goals, make future plans, create resumes, track their marks and volunteer hours and research post-secondary options etc.).
- The deadline for applying to a student’s “home” high school on myBlueprint is:
- No, there is nothing more you need to do other than hand in your signed, myBlueprint course selection “sign-off” sheet to your homeroom teacher or Ms. Dixon by Monday, February 24, 2020 at the latest!!
- If you happen to make a mistake on your myBlueprint course selection and have “submitted” and printed it off already, please email Ms. Dixon at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know. She is the only one who can change it for you, once your courses have been “submitted”.
- If you want to apply to a high school other than your home school, you will need to first know if that high school is accepting “Optional Attendance”. Some schools are full and can only accept the students in their catchment area. If a high school is accepting Optional Attendance, a parent would need to fill out an “Optional Attendance” form and have it signed by the current school’s administration. This form is due at the requested high school by Friday January 31, 2020 or earlier. Parents/students are asked to hand deliver the Optional Attendance forms directly to the requested high school’s Guidance or Main Office.
TO LOG INTO MYBLUEPRINT FROM HOME:
- Hopefully, your child will activate (or reactivate) their myBlueprint account with their guidance counsellor at school at www.myBlueprint.ca/tdsb
- At Home – typewww.myblueprint.ca/tdsb in the address bar
Note: tdsb is the activation code to link into the proper database; therefore, please include it in the address bar
- Your childcan log in – if they remember their email and password (if they have forgotten their password then can click the button that says “forgot password” and it will send a temporary log in code – then they can get into their account, go into account settings and reset their password)
- All students can access myblueprint by the sign up tab (whether they remember their email and password or not)<– sure method
- Click sign up
- SelectElementary K – 8
- Select Student and grade 7 or 8
- Student will be prompted to enter their OEN# and Date of Birth (the OEN# can be found in the top portion of their report card)
- Student should be in the myblueprint.ca/tdsb site at this point
- If you are prompted to create an email and password please use tdsb student email (first name.last email@example.com), and they can create a password they will remember.
- After logging in with their tdsb e-mail and password, click on the top right button (circle with student’s initials).
- Next, click “add links” and then scroll down to choose “Add Parent/Guardian”.
- Enter Parent/Guardian name and e-mail in the field provided.
Parents should be linked to their child’s account at this time.
“When is the deadline for applying to my “home” high school?”
Friday February 21, 2020. Ms. Dixon will be asking that the myBlueprint “sign-off” course selection sheets be completed, signed by parent/guardian and handed in to her by Monday, February 24, 2020 in order for her to gather, photocopy, sign off on all sheets at all of her schools and deliver them to the various high schools by Friday, February 28, 2020.
“Is there anything else that I need to do after completing the course selection on myBlueprint, printing and signing the course selection “sign off” sheet?”
“What if I made a mistake on my course selection sheet on myBlueprint? I submitted it and printed it off and I noticed I made a mistake. Now, when I try to change my mistake, myBlueprint won’t let me make the changes!”
“What do I do if I want to apply to a high school other than my home school?”
***Specialized Schools have different application requirements and deadlines…ALL Specialized Programs will let your student know by February 14, 2020 (at the latest) if your child has been accepted into their school/program or not***
If you have any questions or need assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org the Guidance Counsellor for Norseman.