a) SHSM – Environment : Course Options
b) Seven Environment Industry Recognized Certifications:
- 4 Mandatory Certifications: Standard First Aid, WHMIS, CPR Level A, GPS
- 3 Elective Certifications: GIS, Leadership, Tree Identification, Map & Compass, AED, Leave No Trace, Stream Assessment Protocol, Wilderness First Aid, Canoeing and more!
c) Two Reach-Ahead experiences in the environment industry that may include:
- Interviewing an employee or university/college student in the environment field
- Attending a university/college class or conference in the environment field
- Completing a dual credit course (THN4T1)
d) Experiential Learning & Career Exploration:
Including career exploration, work experience or job shadowing.
e) One Sector Partner Contextualized Experience (SPCE):
It could be coding, Mathematical Learning Activities or Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship (ICE) Activities
SHSM – Environment: Benefits
Upon successful completion of the SHSM: Environment, students will earn a Specialized Ontario Secondary School Diploma, an enhanced transcript, industry recognized certifications, a great item for your resume, potential employer contacts and specialized knowledge and experience in your field of interest.
(some of the information on this page is from http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/morestudentsuccess/sector/environment.html).