On November 27, from 6 pm to 9 pm, the Ontario Black History Society (OBHS), an organization dedicated to the recognition and celebration of Black history, will host its annual conference for high school students: Virtual Leaders of Tomorrow.
Details can be found here
On December 9th from 6:00 to 8:30 pm - You are invited to the Build a Dream Career Expo Webinar for young women.
This is a FREE VIRTUAL CAREER DISCOVERY EXPO for parents and young women between Grades 7 to 12. This online event will highlight opportunities in a number of careers to better assist young women to make informed career choices. This event will include careers in:
- Skilled Trades
- STEM careers
- Emergency Responders
- Advancing Women
The event features:
- Dream Maker Panel: Women from various careers share their stories and inspire
- Employer Spotlight: Hear what employers look for in new employees!
- Pathway Spotlight: College, University and Apprenticeship
- Games, Prizes, Survey and More!
Click here for registration details.
Just a reminder that Friday November 27 is the last day to request changes to your QUAD 2 timetable!
Attention Grade 12 students: The guidance department has organized a number of virtual university visits for SATEC students attending the hybrid platform, the local virtual learning platform, as well for the SATEC students attending Virtual School. The "visits" begin in the week of November 23rd. Advance registration is required for some of the information sessions. Click here for details.
There have been changes in the guidance department for quad 2. Please click here to find out who your guidance counsellor will be in quad 2.
The TDSB is hosting a post-secondary information session in the evening of Tuesday November 24th. Click here for more information and the Zoom link to the meeting.
The Summer Mentorship Program (SMP) gives high school students of Indigenous or African ancestry a chance to explore health sciences at the University of Toronto over four weeks in July 2021. For more information click here.
The universities are busy with their Fall Open Houses and campus tours (virtually of course). The month of November is filled with these informative events. Some will start this week and since many of the Open House events require registration, please take a moment to review the content in this attachment.
Interested in a TDSB Alternative School for Quad 2? Many are holding virtual open houses in the coming weeks. See what they have to offer!
Welcome Grade 9 students. Sadly, we cannot hold a large in-person assembly to explain how the guidance department can assist you as you embark upon your secondary school journey, so we have prepared a short virtual presentation for you. The PDF version is also available.
Grade 12 students, please view the narrated Post Secondary Planning Seminar to assist you with your post-secondary research. The PDF version is also available.
Grade 11 and 12 students:
Full Disclosure Date for Quad 1 is Monday, November 2, 2020.
If you are a student enrolled in a grade 11 or 12 course and do not wish for the course to appear on your official transcript, you must withdraw from (drop) the course by Monday, November 2, 2020 at 4pm. If you withdraw from the course after the Full Disclosure date, the course will appear on your official transcript, with whatever your current mark is on the date you withdraw, along with a W (withdrawal) beside it.
To withdraw from (drop) a course, please connect your Guidance Counsellor and request to be withdrawn from the course. If you are a student under 18 years of age, you will have to have your parent/guardian email your counsellor directly or you can send a photo of a handwritten note from your parent/guardian giving permission for you to drop the course. Please ensure that, with either option, your parent/guardian includes a phone number where they can be reached. This procedure will apply to grade 11 and 12 students in the hybrid program at SATEC as well as to students at Virtual School.
Grade 12 students: Check out this all-day university virtual fair that is planned for Saturday October 23/20
- We are closing the "firstname.lastname@example.org" general mailbox until further notice. Please click here to learn how to access the guidance department and which counsellors are working in the guidance department effective October 19th
- e-Learning Day School (eLDS) Quad 2 courses will be open for registration in e-Reg tomorrow, Thursday, October 15, at 9am. Please see the e-Learning Day School website for the full list of available Quad 2 courses. Students in the Virtual Secondary School, as well as students in home (OSR) schools, will be eligible to apply for an e-Learning Day School Quad 2 course if they have a spare or open period in their Quad 2 timetable. An e-Learning Day School course cannot be a third credit for a student in a Quad.
Grade 12 students:
Please visit the Guidance Google Classroom for the Scholarship Report, which contains information about upcoming scholarships between October and December 2020
Check the Guidance Google Classroom for the Ministry of Education update on community involvement hours and how this update impacts you. Remember to use the fillable Community Service Form to request permission to participate in your volunteer experience prior to participating. You will find this form as an attachment in the Guidance Google Classroom.
Grade 11 and 12 students:
We anticipate that registration for e-Learning Day School for Quad 2 will be opening around October 15th. An e-Learning Day School course can be taken only if you have a spare in Quad 2. Please refer to the e-Learning Day School website in the coming days for more information.
Attention Grade 12 Students:
ONTARIO COLLEGE VIRTUAL FAIR Registration for the virtual fair opens the week of October 12th. Join 24 Ontario Colleges as they present what they have to offer. See details and how to register here
Attention Grade 12 Students
It's that time again where we turn our attention to your plans for the 2021-2022 year. Please help us to help you by completing this Google form by October 23, 2020.
Welcome Back Students
This has been a hectic and chaotic start to a new academic year. It is our hope that some of the information contained here will provide some clarity going forward.
SATEC In-Person Students
SATEC Students Attending Virtual School
Updated Secondary School Quadmester Dates
Transferring Between In-Person and Virtual Learning Platforms
- There are opportunities throughout the year to move from one learning platform to another. Click here for information and important deadlines for this process.
TDSB Remote Night /Saturday School
- TDSB continues to offer a number of grade 11 and 12 courses at night school as well as the Saturday morning language classes, which are open to all grades. Due to the pandemic, these classes are offered remotely. Whether you are an in-person student or a virtual school student,find out how to sign up for these options .DEADLINE TO REGISTER is now Wed. October 7 at noon!
Guidance Counsellors Assigned to Students
- Guidance counsellors have been assigned to students in Quad 1 according to the first letter of their last name. Effective September 30th, please contact the guidance counsellor assigned to you for all inquiries. Your guidance counsellor is subject to change for future quads.
Guidance Google Classrooms
- Guidance counsellors use Google Classroom to post grade specific information for students - including important documents and links. Find out what Google Classroom code you should use to access these classrooms.
Mark Maintain After Date (also known as Full Disclosure Date)
- This is an important date for grade 11 and 12 students to keep in mind when they are considering whether to drop a course mid way into the Quad. Click here for these dates in each Quad.