The Media Arts program allows students to express their creativity through digital arts. Students learn about the impact of media in their everyday lives, explore and create a variety of art forms such as short film, digital photography, traditional and digital animations, interactive art, graphic design projects, and 2D/ 3D character design. In addition to developing the skills necessary to create and interpret media artworks, students acquire leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills that are transferable beyond the classroom.
Focus is placed on critical thinking skills, process work & portfolio building.
Enrichment activities include:
- Participation in SATEC' s annual short film festival
- Animation, design, and/or film workshops
- Cross-curricular units of study
- Excursions to OCAD University's Annual Graduation Exhibition & The Art Gallery of Ontario
- Participation in Ontario Skills competitions
- Participation in Arts Week exhibitions, interactive art demonstrations, and student art sales