Our aim is to encourage and enable students to:
- Appreciate the usefulness, power and beauty of mathematics.
- Enjoy mathematics and develop patience and persistence when solving problems.
- Prepare students for post-secondary studies in math and related programs.
Our Math Teachers:
There are a number of virtual math resources used in our classes. Some of our favourites include:
- Desmos (online graphing calculator with resources including lessons, activities, and assessments)
- Desmos Global Math Art Contest (a site within Desmos that deserves special mention)
- CEMC Courseware (lessons, interactive activities and enrichment challenges from the University of Waterloo)
- Which One Doesn't Belong (Open-ended problems involving math reasoning and communicating)