Visit our School Council @ Council's blog
Dear parents of students in grades 6-8,
We had a welcome back assembly today to go over our code of conduct:
1. We treat others as we ourselves wish to be treated.
2. We use positive and inclusive language.
3. We learn and play safely and considerately by keeping hands, feet and objects to ourselves.
4. We cooperate with our fellow students and with all staff.
5. We appreciate the school premises, and respect the property of the TDSB, our teachers, and our classmates.
6. We recognize and honor the right of all learners to learn and the right of all teachers to teach.
7. We make the best use of our educational opportunities by coming on time, and by being prepared.
8. We keep all areas free from garbage, gum and graffiti
9. We turn personal electronic devices off and put them out of sight when we enter the school building. We may only use them as part of a teacher-directed learning activity.
10. We follow guidelines for clothing that are revisited annually. We do not wear hats inside the building, except for religious head coverings.
11. We follow the safety rules and current legislation with respect to bicycles, skateboards, scooters, etc.
12. We never bring weapons (including replicas or items which can be used as weapons), matches, lighters, laser pointers, illegal drugs, tobacco, or alcohol to school.
We specifically stressed numbers 2 and 9. We do not use any racial or derogatory language at all. We are concerned about cyber bullying and the amount of time students are distracted by electronic devices. Electronic devices are to be turned off and put away before entering the building and are only used if directed by their teacher for educational purposes. If students choose to bring electronic devices to their classroom they will put it in the yellow box on the teacher’s desk. The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
If a parent needs to reach their child they are to contact the office and we will relay the message.
Beth Mills Edward Vella