Settlement Services at Bliss Carman Sr. PS
Settlement and Education Partnership in Toronto (S.E.P.T.)
Our Settlement Worker supports students and parents who arrived in Canada in the past few years to facilitate their settlement process in Canada. This process will help them to adjust to their school and in the community.
Through this Program, the following settlement services provided through our school:
- A review of the settlement needs of newcomers and the development of an individual settlement plan designed to assist with the transition into life in Canada
- Informative workshops run by specialized guest speakers who can help the parents in enhancing their understanding of various aspects of life in Canada. By attending these sessions parents will have excellent opportunities for learning and getting to know other people in the community.
- Information on the Ontario school system and assistance in facilitating communication between newcomers and the school
- Free government and community resources including Housing, Health clinic, Employment, Tax clinics, Language class, Volunteering and much more
- Free summer activities for newcomer children and youth to support success in school through:
- Summer learning program for children ages 7-12 during July
- Settlement services in libraries during July to support the newcomers
- Newcomer Orientation Week (NOW) – a week-long program that provides high school students Grade 9-12 an orientation to their school before the start of the new school year
- Welcome and Information for Newcomers (WIN) – one-day orientation to school for children entering Grades 7 and 8 before the start of the new school year Settlement Services are available in several languages upon request.If you need to connect with the free settlement services please contact:Fachria Maliyar @ 647-296-0236, firstname.lastname@example.orgAvailable Every FridaysThank you!