- Passionate about hair?
- Interested in becoming a licensed professional stylist and owner?
- Capable of learning in an inclusive positive classroom/salon environment?
- Wanting to earn credits towards your secondary school diploma?
- Willing to experience Co-Op placement and earning hors towards your Apprenticeship?
- Wanting to expand your knowledge of all types of hair textures?
If so, then join our learning team at Emery!
- Learning with all types of hair textures
- Basic and advance thermal styling, haircutting, hair-colouring and design roller setting
- Altering the hair structure permanently and temporarily using chemical and thermal irons
- Learning how to maintain super curly hair through shampooing, detangling strategies and application of appropriate products
- Knowledge and understanding of different professional products designed for all types of hair
- Simplified knowledge of colour theory, and colour technique application
- Business salon operations as stylist or owner
- Important facts of becoming a professional stylist
- Importance of safety for your client and coworkers
Specialized learning in Afro-American natural hair textures
Gaining knowledge and hands-on experience in maintenance, product application, specialized tool technique, defining curl pattern, altering wave pattern, hair wrapping, design roller and rod setting, and silk pressing.