It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to notify the school if your child is going to be absent. Our Safe Arrival Phone is available 24 hrs and can be called at any time. Parents/Guardians are asked to follow the prompts and leave a message with the following information if your child will be absent or late:
Safe Arrival Phone: 416-396-6330
- Your child’s first and last name
- Your child’s grade and teacher
- Reason and length of absence
If we are not informed about the absence, we will make attempts to contact you to determine the reason for the absence through our Safe Arrival Program. We have now moved to an automated call-out system for our Safe Arrival Program.
Parents/Guardians of students who have an unexplained absence (one where the school has not been previously notified) will be contacted to verify the reason for the absence.
The system call-out will work as follows:
- Parents/guardians identified in TDSB’s Student Information Systems who have access to student records, and emergency contact with priority 1 or 2 will receive a call.
- When you receive the call, you are required to listen to the entire message and follow the prompts accordingly.
- You will be asked if you are aware or unaware of your child’s absence.
- If unaware, you will be asked to call the school immediately.
- If you are aware of the absence, you will be asked to enter the reason for your child’s absence.
The following options will be provided for you:
2. Doctor Appointment
3. Dentist Appointment
4. Family Matter
5. Weather (which should not be an excuse for missing school)
- At the end of the message, you will have to press 2 to confirm you received the message.
- If you do not confirm receipt, you will receive a call on your mobile phone.
- If there is no response from a Priority 1 contact, this same process will be followed for Priority 2 contacts.
- If there is no contact with either Priority 1 or Priority 2, this entire process will be repeated 3 times in 10 minute intervals.
This same process will be followed for the afternoon attendance.
Please note that once the automated calls start the office cannot stop them. If you receive a call from the automated system you must follow the prompts till the end in order to stop the calls.