The High Performer Program at Hollycrest began in the fall of 2002 and has experienced steady growth in enrollment ever since. We have a proven track record of providing a strong academic program to high level amateur athletes over the past 17 years.
Goal of the HP Program
- The HP Program is a specialized program recognized by the TDSB which supports high level amatuer athletes in a learning environment that empowers them to strive for academic excellence while developing as a skilled athlete.
The Program will Provide
- An academic program based on the Ontario Curriculum
- Ongoing communication with parents and coaches
- Students will attend school for half a day, then attend their training session for the other half of the day
- Students will be placed into a grade appropriate class either in the morning or the afternoon depending on their training schedule, information about students’ training is required as a part of the application process
- An individual who is committed to achieving both academic and athletic success
- An individual who is independent, self-directed, and organized
- An individual who is working at grade level
- An individual who has been referred by a coach or trainer as being a “high performing athlete”
- There are currently 278 students enrolled in the HP Program at Hollycrest who train in a variety of sports such as gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, synchronized swimming, tennis, hockey, soccer, baseball, wrestling, archery, golf, and dance
- Students attend classes either in the morning or the afternoon and attend their training program during the other half of the day
- Each student-athlete must be training a minimum of 12-15 hours per week and be competing at a provincial, national, or international level of competition and this must be verified by a certified coach affiliated with a recognized club or organization
- Applicants’ learning skills and academic record may also be taken into consideration for acceptance into the program
- Students who reside within the TDSB boundaries and/or are applying from a TDSB school will be given priority for acceptance, however there are no boundary restrictions for applicants
- Transportation to and from Hollycrest and the student-athlete’s training facility is the responsibility of parents/guardians
- An application and all required documents must be completed and submitted to the school office in hard copy by the deadline
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required documentation and information is included with the application
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered for acceptance
- APPLICATION FORMS available from the menu on the left or here.
Deadline for applications for the 2019/2020 school year
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH, 2019