We are an OPAL School!
Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL)
- We believe that enriched outdoor play at recess supports students and staff well-being, improves student learning and achievement, and transforms school culture.
- Play is a right of every child, along with leisure and recreational activities.
- A growing body of research suggests that play has both immediate and long-term benefits to children’s health and wellbeing.
Children should be able to experience play to the fullest in school environments.
- Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL) is a play provision training program that is designed to protect a child’s right to play, particularly at elementary schools.
- OPAL transforms attitudes to play provision, supervision and risk management.
- It encourages schools to use “loose parts” to enrich and diversify the play offering.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID restrictions, the use of "loose parts" is limited.