Our staff send their well wishes to students and their families. We are looking forward to working with students as soon as possible. Please stay tuned to information from our school board sent directly to your email address registered at our school. If you are not receiving email, please contact me at email@example.com.
Information on COVID 19 from Ontario Ministry of Health
Excerpt from Letter from our Director of Education, March 25, 2020
"The Ministry of Education has asked school boards to use the next two weeks to develop plans to establish the delivery of curriculum for an extended closure. Working with the Ministry, we are developing a plan that would connect teachers to their students and/or their parents/guardians on a system-wide basis and would restore teacher-led learning to the greatest extent possible. In developing this plan, we are considering a number of different factors:
- Exploring ways to provide students with access to devices and the internet.
- Accommodations needed by different types of learners, students with special needs, and English-language learners.
- Programming for Adult and Continuing Education students.
- Our support for student mental health and well-being including providing online resources and outreach to students and families.
As you can imagine, developing a plan for 247,000 students while schools are closed and on an extremely tight timeline, is challenging to say the least. At the same time, our goal is to create teaching and learning conditions that will, as best as possible given the circumstances, lead to the successful completion of the school year for all students and to support students in advancing to the next school year and to graduate. We will share this important plan with parents/guardians as soon as possible."
For support to April 5, please use Ontario Learn at Home Strategy and TDSB Online Resources for Students.
For the full letter from the director and further updates, please check your email!
Please continue to practice healthy social distancing and/or self-isolation!
Andreas Ghabrial, Principal
Events (To be confirmed - Planned dates are listed below)
- Grad Photos - Date to be determined!
- Open Doors in May for Education Week!
- May 30 - School Fun Fair
- June 24 @ 1 pm - Grade 6 Grad