Exploring Structures and Forces
To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines!
Program Specific Information
- Please divide the students into pairs, then put 2 pairs together to form a working group of 4 (max. number of groups: 8).
- Before coming, remind students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- bring a bottle of water - no drinking fountains
- all program materials, including pencils and clipboards, are provided.
- Students must bring a waste-free lunch and water. TUSC is a Platinum EcoSchool - Waste-Free Lunches are expected!
- Adults need two TTC tickets: one to get to the program and one to return to school. Students under 12 are FREE.
Location and Travel Instructions
TUSC I.T. Lab
The Toronto Urban Studies Centre I.T. lab
is located in Danforth Collegiate and Technical School, 800 Greenwood Avenue, one block north of Danforth Avenue at Strathmore Boulevard.
Go to the Greenwood Subway Station. Walk one block west along Strathmore Boulevard; enter the school via the the door at the south-east corner of Greenwood and Strathmore Avenues and follow the signs to Room A20.
by School Bus:
Buses stop on the north side of Strathmore Boulevard. Enter by the south-east door and follow the signs to Room A20. At the end of the day, students are picked up at the same location.