WHAT IS THE DUNDAS PARENT COUNCIL?
The Dundas Parent Council consists of elected Dundas parent volunteers who act as an advisory group to the Principal, teachers, and staff, on any matters related to Dundas P.S.
What are this year’s Goals of the Dundas Parent Council?
- Increase parent engagement with the school by communicating updates regularly and creating a forum where parents/guardians can raise and discuss questions/concerns about their child(ren)’s education.
- Advise Dundas teachers/staff and the TDSB on any matters related to the school, such as budget planning, safety, school policies, curriculum, extra-curricular activities, etc.
- Provide financial support through fundraising events to support school programming; such as purchasing new sports and computer equipment, subsidizing school field trips, etc.
- Increase community involvement and parental participation through social events, educational workshops, and community projects.
Why Should You Get Involved with the Dundas Parent Council?
- Studies have shown that parents who are actively involved in their children’s education result in higher achievement levels in grades, test scores, and attendance. These children have also shown to have better self-esteem, more self-discipline, and are more motivated in school, regardless of ethnic background, parent’s education level, or socioeconomic status.
- Getting involved with the Dundas Parent Council will provide parents/guardians with the following benefits:
- Stay up-to-date and informed about Dundas P.S. happenings and Parent Council events.
- Allow ways and opportunities for you to connect with other Dundas parents.
- Improve your child(ren)’s educational programming through your support of Parent Council events.
There are many ways to get involved with the Dundas Parent Council:
- Attend Council meetings, which are held monthly.
- Volunteer at Parent Council events – we are always looking for more help!
- Provide ideas on how to improve the school experience by contacting us.
- Submit ideas for the weekly Parent Council e-mail newsletter, the ‘Dundas Digest’.
- Make sure you are on our Mailing List and check out our webpage often.