MILLWOOD JUNIOR SCHOOL
Please get your orders in!
LOST and FOUND
Please note that at the end of every month all materials not claimed in the Lost and Found are cleared out. Please check this area regularly to ensure that your items are not simply lost.
Please be sure all forms are in ASAP. Thank you.
Thank you all for supporting the QSP drive. The funds raised go directly back to support school initiatives and student achievement.
Please don't forget that we will meet this Thursday night at 7:00.
Helpers Making A Difference
The grade five students at our school are now fulfilling a number of different roles around the school. Their understanding of "The Millwood Way" helps to ensure that the positive character traits they have developed over their years at home and at school can be shared with our younger students. Way to go future leaders!!
Kindergarten Yard Open at 8:45
After much discussion we have a plan to ensure that one of our Early Childhood Educators will continue to be out in each of our kindergarten yards starting at 8:45.
Jr. Baseball Team Tryouts and After School Practices
The current plan is to have girls play on Mondays and Wednesdays and the boys to play on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please note some of the information on one of the forms that was recently sent home was incorrect.
Girls - See you on Monday with your gloves and everything else you have/need.
Co-Chair Note in Wednesday Envelope
Please note that there is an important note regarding the open Co-Chair role in your Wednesday Envelope.
Curriculum Night (Rain or Shine!)
Thursday, September 11th
4:45 Food Available
6:00 First class presentation
6:30 Second class presentation
Terry Fox Fundraising
Toonie Fridays are Back... this Friday please bring $2 and wear your pj's and next Friday please bring your $2 and show us your wacky hair! :)
FROM THE MILLWOOD BUS LOOP
• The BUSSES have priority in the Bus Loop
• As a courtesy, we allow Drop-Off and Pick-Up for students who can exit & enter vehicles quickly and unassisted on the curbside only.
• Parents/drivers must stay in their vehicle at all times and students must be ready with all their belongings.
• Putting back-packs, etc. in the back hatch or trunk is not recommended, unless your child can access it alone without assistance and then close the back hatch or trunk door.
• If your child requires assistance to exit/enter the vehicle, please park in our parking lot at the north entrance of the school. (Entrance near the TTC Bus Shelter).
• Kindly drive into the loop as far south as possible. It takes only a few seconds for 4 or 5 cars to enter after you; causing congestion on Mill Road and creating a very dangerous situation when cars are passing you on the left to get in front of you.
• Parking is not allowed on either side of Mill Road. The Police Parking Authority frequently comes by and does ticket vehicles.
• Kindly pass this information to grandparents, caregivers or anyone driving your children to school. Think SAFETY before CONVENIENCE.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Important September Dates
Home and School Brief Meeting 7:00 - September 10
September Welcome Evening - September 11
Registration for Monday Macedonian and Serbian Classes - September 15 3:45-6:15
School Council - September 18
Terry Fox Run - September 24
PHOTO Day - September 26
-- Grade 5 Awards
Academic Awards -- Mike Wills and Vinay Groodoyal
English Emma Basic French Lauren Riha
P1 Dejan Nikolic P2 Antonija Jakova Room 21 Chelsea Moore
TDSB Schools On The Move Athlete Award -- James Fisher
Male Connor Hillis Female Taylor Chira
Citizenship Award -- Chris Minifie
Principal's Award for Leadership -- Greg Freeman
Expressive Arts Award -- Leanne Slempers and Stephanie Kribs
Carly Wawrow Ashtar Esmander
Most Improved Student Award -- Lovenia Gorman and Tatiana Carapet
English Alex Ceho French Stefan Prica