MILLWOOD JUNIOR SCHOOL
Save the date:
Tuesday September 24 - School Council Meeting at 6:30 p.m.; Home and School Meeting at 7:35 p.m. in the library
Wednesday September 25 - Curriculum Night
Thursday September 26 – Terry Fox Walk/Run Day
Monday September 30 – Orange Shirt Day
Monday September 30 to October 1 - Rosh Hashana
Monday September 30 to Friday October 4 - CCAT grade 3 assessment
Wednesday October 2 - Photo Day
October 7 to 11 – TDSB Body Confidence Awareness Week
Wednesday October 9 - Yom Kippur
Wednesday October 9 – International Walk to School Day
Friday October 11 - P.A. Day
Monday October 14 - Thanksgiving Monday
Sunday October 27 - Diwali
Wednesday November 6 - Photo re-take day
Monday November 11 – Remembrance Day
Monday November 11 – Friday November 15 – Book Fair in the library
Thursday November 14 - Parent & Staff Interview evening
Friday November 15 – Parent & Staff Interview morning (P.A. Day for students)
Friday December 6 - P.A. Day
Wednesday December 18 - Winter Concert Evening
Thursday December 19 - MADD Canada Smartwheels presentation for grade 4 and 5 students
January 7 - Orthodox Christmas
Friday January 17 - P.A. Day
Thursday February 13 – Parent & Staff Interview evening
Friday February 14 - Parent & Staff Interview morning (P.A. Day for students)
Monday February 17 - Family Day Holiday
Monday March 9 to Friday March 13 - Junglesports in the gym
Monday March 9 to Tuesday March 20 - Holi (TBC)
Monday March 16 to Friday March 20 - March Break
Monday March 30 to Thursday April 2nd - X Movement Fusion workshops for K-5 classes in the gym
Thursday April 2nd - Parent evening for X Movement Fusion presentations
Friday April 10 - Good Friday
Monday April 13 - Easter Monday
April 17 - Orthodox Good Friday
April 19 - Orthodox Easter
April 20 - Orthodox Easter Monday
Monday May 18 - Victoria Day
Friday June 5 - P.A. Day
Friday June 26 - P.A. Day
Thank you to everyone who helped to make Millwood Staff Appreciation Day such an incredible experience for the staff at Millwood! Please click here to see some photos of the beautiful displays!
2019-2020 School Calendar Dates:
Did you know that your child can get help from their school library even when they’re not at school?
Please click here for a video tutorial to help you access the tdsb virtual library from home.
The TDSB Virtual Library has carefully selected resources, to enhance your child’s learning, that can be accessed online anytime, anywhere.
Attached to this letter you will find the 2018-19 Virtual Library Learnmark which includes passwords your child will need to access some Virtual Library resources from home. Please keep the Learnmark in a place where you and your child can easily find it.
The Virtual Library is designed to help your child find:
- Curriculum relevant online resources/tools to help with projects, homework, and to encourage reading and viewing in a variety of formats for K to 12 learners - eBooks, database articles, streamed media, and online tools (find them in QUICK FINDS and in SEARCH)
- Subject links to help with math practice, games, homework (find them in SEARCH)
- Resources for starting an inquiry or research project (find them in INQUIRY and SEARCH)
- Reading suggestions, student book reviews and lots more! (find them in SPACES - K-6 or 7 - 12)
There are 3 ways students and parents/guardians can find the Virtual Library:
- ***TDSB Public site (http://tdsb.on.ca) -- Find Your School -- the Virtual Library link is on the left.***
- AW (http://aw.tdsb.on.ca), login using student number and network password. Click on the My Home tab. The Virtual Library link is on the left.
- Search online for “school name” TDSB virtual library.
For more information about how to use the Virtual Library with your child at home, we’ve created a section on the site just for you! From the homepage, look for the orange Spaces and choose the white Parent button.
If you’d like to learn more about the Virtual Library and your school’s library resources, please contact your school’s Teacher-Librarian.
Millwood Lunch Program Provider:
The Lunch Lady will be coming to your school beginning Tuesday, Sept 11
HOW TO ORDER...
- Our current online portal plays best with Internet Explorer
- Go to www.thelunchlady.caORDER NOW to set up your account, accounts for your students and schedule your meals.
- Use the menu drop down on the order page to find the menu you want
- Use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of food items. We have lots of choice to look at!
- More than one child? Enter, Save after each child and pay once at the end
- Pay by MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit or Interac via a secure 3rdparty partner. No credit card information is stored on our site.
- To avoid the 10 minute TIME OUT, SAVE every now and then to avoid losing your order. That would be too frustrating (PS –we are currently working on a new version of our ordering system)
- If you miss the order deadline, call us for assistance.
Have a child with ALLERGIES, FOOD PREFERENCES? We are here to help. Contact us first
Look for PLASTIC CUTLERYunder “FIXINGS” on the order page or send a fork and spoon from home. Many thanks if you can help us reduce the amount of plastic cutlery we deliver
SICK CHILD or need to cancel? We understand. We’re parents too! Let us know before 8am and we will give you a credit to use another time. **Uncollected lunches are NOT left at school.**
SNOW DAY POLICY. Even if the buses are cancelled, we deliver. Email before 8am if your child will not be at school to get a credit to use another time.
We will be delivering every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Kiss N’ Ride – bus loop:
Safety is slowly starting to improve at the Kiss N’ Ride bus loop!Thank you to the dedicated members of our Millwood Pedestrian Safety Student Committee who have been doing a phenomenal job of generating strategies to improve pedestrian safety at Millwood.Please review some of the student suggestions to continue to support safety in the Kiss N’ Ride bus loop…
- Drivers are asked to enter the loop and to drive up behind the car immediately in front of them.
- Students are asked to sit on the passenger side of the vehicle and to have everything that they need ready on their lap.
- Please say good byes, prior to entering the kiss n’ ride loop.
- Once the car comes to a complete stop, students are asked to immediately exit the vehicle and proceed into the playground.
- Drivers are asked to remain in their vehicles while using the kiss n’ ride area.
- Thank you for not parking in the kiss n’ ride loop.
Thank you for your support of student safety at Millwood!
Millwood Home and School Association link here
(or you can access it on the left hand side of this page)
Please get involved! We LOVE our volunteers. We hope that everyone can make a positive difference for our students in some way. Thank you for your support!
Some Important Reminders:
The chain goes across our Parking Lot every morning between 8:45 and 9:15 for safety reasons. If you are not walking or biking to school you may wish to choose to park on the west side of the school and walk through the forest. This would allow you to miss some of the busy traffic out in front of the school.
Please remember that our doors are always open. If you have a question or a concern about something it is always a good idea to come in and talk with us so that we are all on the same page. Thank you for your ongoing support. We understand the importance of positive relationships as we move forward together.