MILLWOOD JUNIOR SCHOOL
Accessing Google Classroom & Brightspace Platforms
To access Google Classroom and Brightspace please use the following steps:
At the very bottom of the page, click on Elementary School
On the right side of the page there are a number of panels. Please click on AW - log into Academic Workspace
Use student number and student password to login
At the top of the page click on google apps and select classroom
This will take you directly to the classroom sites for each student
Millwood School Council By-Laws
Please click here to view a copy of our School Council By-Laws
2022-2023 School Calendar Dates:
Did you know that your child can get help from their school library even when they’re not at school?
Please click here for a video tutorial to help you access the tdsb virtual library from home.
The TDSB Virtual Library has carefully selected resources, to enhance your child’s learning, that can be accessed online anytime, anywhere.
The Virtual Library is designed to help your child find:
- Curriculum relevant online resources/tools to help with projects, homework, and to encourage reading and viewing in a variety of formats for K to 12 learners - eBooks, database articles, streamed media, and online tools (find them in QUICK FINDS and in SEARCH)
- Subject links to help with math practice, games, homework (find them in SEARCH)
- Resources for starting an inquiry or research project (find them in INQUIRY and SEARCH)
- Reading suggestions, student book reviews and lots more! (find them in SPACES - K-6 or 7 - 12)
There are 3 ways students and parents/guardians can find the Virtual Library:
- ***TDSB Public site (http://tdsb.on.ca) -- Find Your School -- the Virtual Library link is on the left.***
- AW (http://aw.tdsb.on.ca), login using student number and network password. Click on the My Home tab. The Virtual Library link is on the left.
- Search online for “school name” TDSB virtual library.
For more information about how to use the Virtual Library with your child at home, we’ve created a section on the site just for you! From the homepage, look for the orange Spaces and choose the white Parent button.
If you’d like to learn more about the Virtual Library and your school’s library resources, please contact your school’s Teacher-Librarian.
Millwood Lunch Program Provider:
The Lunch Lady provides hot lunch options to Millwood families.
HOW TO ORDER...
- Our current online portal plays best with Internet Explorer
- Go to www.thelunchlady.ca ORDER NOW to set up your account, accounts for your students and schedule your meals.
- Use the menu drop down on the order page to find the menu you want
- Use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of food items. We have lots of choice to look at!
- More than one child? Enter, Save after each child and pay once at the end
- Pay by MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit or Interac via a secure 3rd party partner. No credit card information is stored on our site.
- To avoid the 10 minute TIME OUT, SAVE every now and then to avoid losing your order. That would be too frustrating (PS –we are currently working on a new version of our ordering system)
- If you miss the order deadline, call us for assistance.
Have a child with ALLERGIES, FOOD PREFERENCES? We are here to help. Contact us first
Look for PLASTIC CUTLERY under “FIXINGS” on the order page or send a fork and spoon from home. Many thanks if you can help us reduce the amount of plastic cutlery we deliver
SICK CHILD or need to cancel? We understand. We’re parents too! Let us know before 8am and we will give you a credit to use another time. **Uncollected lunches are NOT left at school.**
SNOW DAY POLICY. Even if the buses are cancelled, we deliver. Email before 8am if your child will not be at school to get a credit to use another time.
We will be delivering every Wednesday.
Kiss N’ Ride – bus loop:
Safety is slowly starting to improve at the Kiss N’ Ride bus loop!Thank you to the dedicated members of our Millwood Pedestrian Safety Student Committee who have been doing a phenomenal job of generating strategies to improve pedestrian safety at Millwood.Please review some of the student suggestions to continue to support safety in the Kiss N’ Ride bus loop…
- Drivers are asked to enter the loop and to drive up behind the car immediately in front of them.
- Students are asked to sit on the passenger side of the vehicle and to have everything that they need ready on their lap.
- Please say good byes, prior to entering the kiss n’ ride loop.
- Once the car comes to a complete stop, students are asked to immediately exit the vehicle and proceed into the playground.
- Drivers are asked to remain in their vehicles while using the kiss n’ ride area.
- Thank you for not parking in the kiss n’ ride loop.
Thank you for your support of student safety at Millwood!
Millwood Home and School Association link here
(or you can access it on the left hand side of this page)
Please get involved! We LOVE our volunteers. We hope that everyone can make a positive difference for our students in some way. Thank you for your support!
Some Important Reminders:
The chain goes across our Parking Lot every morning between 9:00 and 9:15 for safety reasons. If you are not walking or biking to school you may wish to choose to park on the west side of the school and walk through the forest. This would allow you to miss some of the busy traffic out in front of the school.
Please remember that our doors are always open. If you have a question or a concern about something it is always a good idea to come in and talk with us so that we are all on the same page. Thank you for your ongoing support. We understand the importance of positive relationships as we move forward together.