To: Parents and Volunteers
Thank you for joining us at Warren Park! Volunteers are greatly appreciated and help to make our programs run smoothly. Here are some suggestions to ensure that you have a great day and know how support to our programs. Remember, with the exception of lightening and an extreme wind chill, we will still go outside whatever the weather!
What to Wear:
· Long sleeved shirt
· Long pants
· Comfortable Shoes
· Sun screen and insect repellent (in season)
*Bring personal and student medication
You Might also Need:
· Rain jacket/Winter coat
· Rain boots/Winter boots
· Change of pants
· Extra pair of socks
· Mittens or gloves
· Indoor shoes
· Water bottle
Please be a role model for the students!
During Program Time
· Promote a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for yourself and students.
· Encourage students to participate appropriately in all activities.
· Ensure an adult is walking at the end of the group when travelling on the street, or on a hike, monitoring the traffic and number of students.
· Ensure that students are escorted to washrooms at times other than scheduled washroom breaks.
· Remember we are here to help the kids learn, not give them the answers.
· Encourage correct use of garbage, recycling and compost containers provided.
· Assist with washroom visits, overall monitoring and safety of the students.
· Assist teacher with safe transportation to and from the park.
· Monitor student behaviour and enforce teacher set rules and boundaries.
· Ensure proper use of play structure.
To enhance your experience at Warren Park, we suggest you turn off all cell phones and pagers. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know during your visit, so that we can address them as soon as possible. We are looking forward to spending an exciting and educational day with you outside!