Welcome to Bayview Middle School. Our school is located in the Bayview Village community near Bayview and Sheppard Avenues. Information about safe drop off/pick-up locations around the school can be found below.
Bayview Middle School has evolved through three school configurations in its recent history: a Kindergarten to Grade 8 school; a Grade 5 to Grade 8; and, a large middle school with over 500 students in Grades 6 to 8. Each year, a large number of students have a primary language other than English, including Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Farsi and Romanian.
At Bayview, we are proud of our major accomplishments:
- Offering a wide range of exciting clubs
- Presenting storytelling and other performing arts experiences
- Providing a vibrant performing and visual arts program including drama, dance, and music
- Preserving specialty facilities including science labs, visual arts studio, vocal and instrumental music rooms, sound-proof music practice labs, double gym, computer labs, design and technology labs, family studies room, and a large library resource centre
- Delivering the Ontario curriculum in both instruction and assessment initiatives
- Supporting our second language learners and special education designated students
- Delivering an outstanding science/information technology program
- Engaging students in charity drives and other leadership opportunities
- Using subject specialist staff for teaching science, mathematics, information technology, French, Health and Physical Education, and providing special education support
- Maintaining a Safe School Program with a monitored Arrival Program and Instruction in topics related to anti- bullying, anger management, careers, conflict resolution, study skills, self awareness, and improving relations with others