TDSB French Programs
Learning a second language is an advantage for students and studies show it is a key factor in academic success. A second language enhances overall skills in learning, expands career opportunities, promotes understanding among cultures, and creates multilingual world citizens. The TDSB offers a variety of French as a Second Language Programs in elementary and secondary schools.
In addition to the Core French program provided in all schools, the TDSB offers two specialized French programs for students in K-6:
These programs are open to all students. Application to these programs is made online the year the student is in JK (French Immersion) or Grade 3 (Extended French).
- You must apply by the deadline
- You must have a Toronto address
- All communication about the program will continue through the original email address provided as part of the online application
- While admission to a TDSB French Immersion/Extended French program is guaranteed to on-time applicants, admission to a specific school is not guaranteed if the school reaches capacity
For more information on TDSB French programs and deadlines for applications please visit the TDSB's French Programs webpage.
BROOKHAVEN SCHOOL COUNCIL
Join us Wednesday November 8 at 9:10 a.m.
Toronto District School Board, through its Nutrition Foundation Statement, recognizes the direct relationship between healthy nutrition and the academic achievement of our students. Well-nourished children are ready and able to learn in our classrooms. Brookhaven's morning snack program begins Friday, September 15, 2017. For more information, click here.
Click here for a welcome back message from Trustee Chris Tonks.
Parents and community members are encouraged to participate in volunteer activities ithat support programs and services and help students succeed.
Here are some ways you can help in your child’s classroom or school:
- Reading with students who need extra help
- Arts and crafts activities
- Arranging material in the library
- Supervising children on field trips
- Serving as a speaker on topics related to the classroom program
- Serving as a skilled mentor to a student who needs extra support
- Collecting community materials for a classroom project
- Helping with posting student work
- Participate in meetings and activities of the School Council
Visit Mrs. Langdon in the office to get a volunteer form. Let's work together!