D.A. Morrison Middle School has been through a number of transformations over 90 years. Located on Lumsden Avenue, in 1921 it was first an elementary school named Danforth Park. In 1952, it became Oak Park Junior High School. This building was demolished in the late 70's to make way for a new junior high school, located on Gledhill Avenue. In 1977, Oak Park Junior High School was re-opened. In 1980, the school was renamed in honour of Dalton A. Morrison, a former teacher, principal, and director of education.