Save the date:
- Tuesday November 26 - School Council @ 6:30 p.m. & Home and School @ 7:35 p.m.
- Friday December 6 - P.A. Day
- Wednesday December 18 - Winter Concert Evening
- Thursday December 19 - MADD Canada Smartwheels presentation for grade 4 and 5 students
- December 23 to January 3 - Winter Break
- January 7 - Orthodox Christmas
- Friday January 17 - P.A. Day
- Tuesday January 28 - School Council @ 6:30 p.m. & Home and School @ 7:35 p.m.
- Thursday February 13 – Parent & Staff Interview evening
- Friday February 14 - Parent & Staff Interview morning (P.A. Day for students)
- Monday February 17 - Family Day Holiday
- Tuesday February 25 - School Council @ 6:30 p.m. & Home and School @ 7:35 p.m.
- Monday March 9 to Friday March 13 - Junglesports in the gym
- Monday March 9 to Tuesday March 20 - Holi (TBC)
- Monday March 16 to Friday March 20 - March Break
- Monday March 30 to Thursday April 2nd - X Movement Fusion workshops for K-5 classes in the gym
- Thursday April 2nd - Parent evening for X Movement Fusion presentations
- Friday April 10 - Good Friday
- Monday April 13 - Easter Monday
- April 17 - Orthodox Good Friday
- April 19 - Orthodox Easter
- April 20 - Orthodox Easter Monday
- Tuesday April 28 - School Council @ 6:30 p.m. & Home and School @ 7:35 p.m.
- Monday May 18 - Victoria Day
- Tuesday May 26 - School Council @ 6:30 p.m. & Home and School @ 7:35 p.m.
- Friday June 5 - P.A. Day
- Friday June 26 - P.A. Day
2020-2021 Optional Attendance Dates:
Elementary Schools (applying for September 2020 admission)
(a) Optional Attendance forms will be made available on the first Monday of November. Applications may be submitted to the school following release of the Optional Attendance forms, but no offers of admission can be made prior to February 17, 2020. Any offers of admission before February 17, 2020 will be considered null and void.
(b) Applications must be received by Friday, February 14, 2020.
(c) A lottery, if necessary, will be held the first week of March 2020.
(d) Parents/guardians will be informed of acceptance or non-acceptance prior to March Break, but no earlier than February 17, 2020 and no later than Friday, March 6, 2020.
(e) Parents/guardians must inform the requested school of their acceptance of the offer by Friday, March 20, 2020
(f) No student will be admitted into an elementary school through optional attendance after Friday, April 3, 2020.
Note: It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to deliver this application (no faxed or scanned copies) to the school or schools of choice.
Notice - French Programs Application Deadline
For families interested in the Toronto District School Board's French Immersion or Extended French programs, we offer an online process at this time, we guarantee an offer of placement in the program (not a specific school) to all on-time applicants. The timelines for applying for these programs for September 2020 are:
• Applications for Early French Immersion which begins in SK (for a Junior Kindergarten aged child), must be completed online between November 4, 2019 and November 29, 2019.
• Applications for Junior Extended French which begins in Grade 4 must be completed online between January 6, 2020 and January 31, 2020. Please note that this will be the last entry class for this program as it will be transitioning out - Grade 4 Immersion Program will continue
Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following the close of the application window.
Please note that families with an older sibling currently in a French program are still required to complete an online application for the new student.
Please also note that transportation for French programming is currently being reviewed and there may be reduced bussing offered for all in French programming from 2020 and onward. Please note there may be uncertainty at the time of the application.
For further information about French as a Second Language programs, the application process and important dates, please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/french.
Millwood School Council By-Laws
Please click here to view a copy of our School Council By-Laws
Thank you to everyone who helped to make Millwood Staff Appreciation Day such an incredible experience for the staff at Millwood! Please click here to see some photos of the beautiful displays!
2019-2020 School Calendar Dates:
Did you know that your child can get help from their school library even when they’re not at school?
Please click here for a video tutorial to help you access the tdsb virtual library from home.
The TDSB Virtual Library has carefully selected resources, to enhance your child’s learning, that can be accessed online anytime, anywhere.
The Virtual Library is designed to help your child find:
- Curriculum relevant online resources/tools to help with projects, homework, and to encourage reading and viewing in a variety of formats for K to 12 learners - eBooks, database articles, streamed media, and online tools (find them in QUICK FINDS and in SEARCH)
- Subject links to help with math practice, games, homework (find them in SEARCH)
- Resources for starting an inquiry or research project (find them in INQUIRY and SEARCH)
- Reading suggestions, student book reviews and lots more! (find them in SPACES - K-6 or 7 - 12)
There are 3 ways students and parents/guardians can find the Virtual Library:
- ***TDSB Public site (http://tdsb.on.ca) -- Find Your School -- the Virtual Library link is on the left.***
- AW (http://aw.tdsb.on.ca), login using student number and network password. Click on the My Home tab. The Virtual Library link is on the left.
- Search online for “school name” TDSB virtual library.
For more information about how to use the Virtual Library with your child at home, we’ve created a section on the site just for you! From the homepage, look for the orange Spaces and choose the white Parent button.
If you’d like to learn more about the Virtual Library and your school’s library resources, please contact your school’s Teacher-Librarian.
Millwood Lunch Program Provider:
The Lunch Lady provides hot lunch options to Millwood families.
HOW TO ORDER...
- Our current online portal plays best with Internet Explorer
- Go to www.thelunchlady.caORDER NOW to set up your account, accounts for your students and schedule your meals.
- Use the menu drop down on the order page to find the menu you want
- Use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of food items. We have lots of choice to look at!
- More than one child? Enter, Save after each child and pay once at the end
- Pay by MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit or Interac via a secure 3rdparty partner. No credit card information is stored on our site.
- To avoid the 10 minute TIME OUT, SAVE every now and then to avoid losing your order. That would be too frustrating (PS –we are currently working on a new version of our ordering system)
- If you miss the order deadline, call us for assistance.
Have a child with ALLERGIES, FOOD PREFERENCES? We are here to help. Contact us first
Look for PLASTIC CUTLERY under “FIXINGS” on the order page or send a fork and spoon from home. Many thanks if you can help us reduce the amount of plastic cutlery we deliver
SICK CHILD or need to cancel? We understand. We’re parents too! Let us know before 8am and we will give you a credit to use another time. **Uncollected lunches are NOT left at school.**
SNOW DAY POLICY. Even if the buses are cancelled, we deliver. Email before 8am if your child will not be at school to get a credit to use another time.
We will be delivering every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Kiss N’ Ride – bus loop:
The chain goes across our Parking Lot every morning between 8:45 and 9:15 for safety reasons. If you are not walking or biking to school you may wish to choose to park on the west side of the school and walk through the forest. This would allow you to miss some of the busy traffic out in front of the school.