Oriole Park Junior Public School
Caring and Safe Schools
Week at a Glance
Week at a Glance Archive
Lunch and After-School Programs
Trustee Shelley Laskin
School Council Executive
Agendas & Minutes
Treetop Children's Centre
School Cash Online
Your child is involved in learning activities designed to develop good character and help children make good choices. Our focus this month has been on
Your child can show teamwork by:
•helping to complete a household chore with other members of the family
• working with peers in a group to complete school assignments
• participating in a sport and working as part of a team to be successful
• taking responsibility in household chores for the benefit of the family
Questions to discuss with your child:
• What does it mean to be a team player at home and to be an integral part of the family?
• How do you deal appropriately with conflict when it occurs during teamwork?
• What are some of the ways to resolve some of the arguments that occur at home?
• Sometimes a teammate may have to make a sacrifice so that the team can succeed. What does this mean?
Projects to do together:
• Play games as a family to develop teamwork and good sportsmanship.
• Participate in sports or leisure activities together and encourage communication including active listening.
Encouraging kindness and caring in your child:
• Stress the importance of teamwork and the aspects of being a team player that make being on a team worthwhile.
• Stress the importance of willing to work and play with others at school, in the home, and in the community.
• Share a story that will help your child understand that sometimes “fair” does not mean “equal.”
Thank you for supporting our Character Development program.