Come Learn With Us!
Starting school is an exciting time for your child. Our schools provide a rich learning environment for all children to learn and grow.
In the Kindergarten program, your child will develop their skills and abilities through inquiry and intentional play-based learning that includes math, science and literacy. Teachers and early childhood educators plan learning experiences where children are actively engaged in learning and thinking creatively.
How to Register
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will open on Monday, February 1, 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child! You must register using the online registration system.
Children who will be four by December 31, 2021, can start Junior Kindergarten in September 2021.
- Need help? View the Online Registration System Video Tutorial for more information.
- Access the Online Registration System to create an account, find your local school and complete a registration form.
- You will also receive an e-mail with a link to complete a Developmental History Form for your child online. Need help? View the Developmental History Form Video Tutorial.
- Once you have completed the online portion of the registration process, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, including information about next steps. Please be sure to check your Inbox and Junk Mail folder to avoid missing the e-mail..
- Families will be asked to connect with the school virtually (e.g. Zoom or Google meet). Once you have completed the online registration, you will receive further information and instructions from your child’s school and work together to determine a way to connect that works for your family.
- The following documents are required when you visit the school to complete the registration:
- Proof of age (birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card or certificate or baptismal record)
- Proof of address, including any two of the following current documents: Utility bill (e.g. hydro, gas, water), cable TV, internet, or home phone bill, insurance policy (home, tenant, auto or life), mortgage statement, rental or lease agreement or deed, current purchase and sale agreement, property tax bill or notice of tax assessment. Original correspondence from a government agency or legal clinic may be accepted as a second proof of address document.
- Proof of immunization (the card that shows a list of needles your child has received):
1. Report online www.toronto.ca/studentvaccines.
2. If unable to report online, parents can provide immunization information to the school and the school will mail a copy to Toronto Public Health. Toronto Public Health accepts and translates foreign immunization records.
3. If requesting an exemption, call 416-392-1250.
- Verification of date of arrival, if your child was not born in Canada. Families who are permanent residents and refugee claimants may register directly at the school. Children without immigration status are welcome in our schools and information about them or their families will not be shared with immigration authorities. To register, please visit the International Programs and Admissions Office at 5050 Yonge Street, on the main floor, for a TDSB school admission letter.
- Learn more about Admission Eligibility Requirements.