Early French Immersion (JK entry)
November 6th to December 1st, 2023 (4 weeks) – Central Application Process
For families interested in the Toronto District School Board's Early French Immersion Program, we offer an online process to apply. The entry point to Early French Immersion is Junior Kindergarten. An offer of placement in the program (not a specific school) is guaranteed to all eligible on-time applicants. While every effort is made to place students in the school identified as their area French Immersion school, this not always possible. Students may be redirected to another school with available program space.
Families with an older sibling currently in an Early French Immersion program and who will be in attendance next year are still required to complete an online application for the new student. They are asked to select the “sibling option” within the online application. Interested families can apply via the 🔗Application Link.
More information about the Early Immersion Program is available in 🔗22 languages, or families may join one of the 🔗Information Sessions via live zoom webinar for more information about the application process.
- The deadline to apply to the program is December 1, 2023.
- If a parent/caregiver cannot access a computer, please make an appointment and we will be happy to accommodate you at a school computer.
- This e process is NOT handled on a first-come, first served basis. All applications received by the deadline are managed with the same priority.
- If parents/caregivers experience difficulties, they may email at: PARS_FSL_Admin@tdsb.on.ca
- A parent/caregiver may still submit an application online after the deadline passes on December 1, 2023; the application will be marked as late, and the application will be on a waitlist subject to available space until the end of September of the entry year; there is NO guarantee of placement.
- Placements in French Immersion are offered based on the current home address of record in PowerSchool, NOTon location or enrolment in child care.
Junior Kindergarten Registration:
Welcome to Ecole Owen Public School kindergarten registration. Registration for English Kindergarten programs begins in February. We look forward to welcoming you and your child! Please call the school (416.395.2740) to make an appointment. If you missed the registration days, please come by the office during the school day to register your child.
- Only parents or legal guardians can register a child.
- There is a separate process to apply for out-of-area admissions. Please contact alternative schools or elementary academies directly for more information.
- If your child currently attends child care at a TDSB school that is not your designated home school, and you wish to register for Kindergarten at that school, an out-of-area admissions application may not be required. Please review the Out of Area Admissions Policy and Procedure and, if eligible, proceed with the in-person registration option outlined below.
The following attachments will be helpful during this process