Pape Avenue Junior Public School (GR. JK-06)
Read More about Pape Avenue Junior Public School
Pape Avenue School at its present site, the corner of Pape and Langley Avenue, began as a four-room school on April 10, 1899. The principal and two teachers taught six classes from Grade one to Grade three. As the population grew, several additions were made to the building from 1908 to 1914, with the newest wing built in 1958. Originally consisting of a population mainly of British heritage, today Pape Avenue School is a community of students from diverse cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic backgrounds. The school celebrated its 100th anniversary on April 17, 1999.