In the educational field , Parkdale and its district have an eventful history.
The first school, a rented one-room cottage on the corner of Queen and Brockton Avenues, was built in 1872.
Six years later, in 1878, the newly formed school board wanted a new schoolhouse.
There were a few difficulties concerning the financing of the school, but soon a roughcast one-room cottage was erected where now stands the present school.
By 1879, Parkdale had become an incorporated village. The school board now consisted of six members and the small cottage was replaced by a two-roomed, brick building. The Principal was Mr. J.A. Wismer and the school was named Jameson Avenue School.
Not long afterwards, Jameson School was enlarged again. In 1884 a three-storied Victorian structure was built as a model school.
Because of the increasing population Queen Victoria School was erected to accommodate the many children in the district. Jameson School was renamed Parkdale Public School and in 1889 it accommodated 650 pupils in fourteen rooms which averaged about fifty students per classroom.
Each time a new school was built a bigger and more modern one was erected. In 1910 the Toronto School Board replaced the old building with a three-story modern one that contained fifteen rooms. There was a little more room but not enough to support the needs of the growing population. So, in 1914 and again in 1922, additions were made to the school. Now it consisted of eighteen rooms including the Home Economics room and Industrial Arts room and Kindergarten classrooms. At that time the population of Parkdale Public School was approximately 630 pupils, with an average class size of 35.
In 1955 the Toronto Board of Education decided to enlarge the facilities again. A Senior Division was built. Parkdale was truly a composite that contained both Junior and Senior schools.The Senior Division included special classrooms in Art, Industrial Arts, Home Economics, Speech/Drama/Music, Science, Social Studies, Academic homerooms for Grades 7 and 8. The double gymnatorium provided the Physical Education for both schools.
In 1958 the new Division opened letting in students of grades seven and eight from Queen Victoria as the school could accommodate 800 students.
In May of 1993 the students and staff of Parkdale Public School moved to the temporary site on the playing field of Parkdale Collegiate Institute.
In April 1995 everyone moved to a new building.