The Market Lane School Council is made up of parents, teachers and community members. The executive is elected yearly at the first General Meeting of the school year. These positions include the following: Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, St. Lawrence Recreation Centre Representative and Parent Academy Representative.
School Council is a forum for parents and educators to come together and discuss valuable and relevant issues. Items such as Fundraising, Parent Concerns, Policies & Procedures and Event Planning etc are part of the regular agenda.
School Council meetings will be set each month. Parents are free to come when they are available. Flyers will be sent home with students to inform families of the upcoming meetings and agenda items.
We encourage parents to be involved in the school in any way they can. Being present for the meetings is a good way for parents to be in touch with the school environment and their child's daily life. Parents who wish to participate may run for positions on the council such as Chair, Co-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Market Lane Public School - For Parents by Parent Council
Community Support Worker:
Michael Papathanasakis 416-884-2934 or email@example.com
2017/2018 council executive members
Sudip Bhura- Chair
Brunette Kubika- Secretary
Agnes Patakfalvi - Treasurer
Minutes of the last meeting
Market Lane School Council -----Meeting Minutes
Date: November 14, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Market Lane Public School
• Sudip Bhura- Chair
• Brunette Kubika- Secretary
• Fathia Hossen
• Sherril Best
• Carrie Hantash
• Georgina Dash
• Meghna Solanki
• Mr. Lennon and Mr. Spencer
Acceptance of Agenda below:
- Fund raising plans: Pizza sale has been voted for once a month. The first sale will take place December 6, 2017 after school (from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm). We need volunteers; therefore a meeting has been called to order next Tuesday November 21st, 2017 at 9:15 am
Carrie is taking the lead in organizing the pizza sale; she will create a draft for the flyer to be reviewed and finalized.
- School Statement of need: waiting for feedback from parents (Sudip)
- Review Teacher Request if any: Nothing for now
- Official Teacher Request Form: We can review the last form if there is one, or
I can bring a draft to discuss in our next meeting
Upcoming event: Mr. Lennon to provide plan for the activities that can help the council in planning their events for the year.
Next meeting: December 12, 2017 9:15 am
Pizza fundraiser on December 6, 2017 after school (from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm)