We are going to be serving lunches every Tuesday and Thursday starting on Tuesday September 17th 2019.
How to Order Online at www.thelunchlady.ca
- Create a Lunch Lady account: Go to www.thelunchlady.ca, click ORDER NOW, then Register. Use parent name, email and phone number to create an account.
- Add your child(ren) to your account: click the “Need to add another Person?” link, fill in the information and then click SAVE link.
- Choose your menu: Click the “Schedule My Meal” link. You will see menu at the left and date frame at the right. Fill the code of the chosen menu item to the date one by one. Click SAVE when finished.
- Process Payment: Click PAY NOW to pay with Visa, Master or Visa Debit. Kindly remember any unpaid orders will be deleted by the system before the day of delivery. You will get an order confirmation by email by the next morning. IMPORTANT NOTE: At Bruce PS we believe that every student should have the opportunity to participate in every program at the school if they so choose. Please contact the Principal, Ryan Naidoo, if financial assistance would help your child participate in the Hot Lunch program.
We have a two school day cutoff for online orders. For Monday orders, Thursday 11:55 pm and Tuesday, Sunday at 11:55 pm if your school has delivery those days. Let me know by email if you missed the deadline and I will do my best to accommodate your order. You may order week by week, month by month or for the entire menu period- and always happy to accommodate changes within the time period of ordering. You are able to edit or cancel your order online by yourself with 2 school days’ notice.
Allergy? Please email us before placing an order.
Cancellation Policy: We are happy to accept cancellations for illness prior to 8:00 am the morning of delivery for an account credit. Any other cancellations please provide 48 hrs notice.
Please let us know if you have any questions- always happy to assist!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I'd love a hot lunch program! But why is it so expensive? I've seen it at other schools much cheaper.
When looking to recreate a hot lunch program, it's important that it's self-sustaining. Some other school hot lunch programs are partly funded by grants and subsidies, and if those disappear, so does the program. By paying for itself, the hot lunch program at Bruce will continue regardless of any outside funding, while also ensuring that the program is accessible to all families. There is no minimum order to participate.
2. Can I change the days that my family has committed to lunch?
Yes. All orders are placed online and while The Lunch Lady prefers the order to be place at least two school days before the delivery day, last minute orders can be placed by calling before 8 a.m. the morning of lunch delivery. Any last minute cancellations (before 8am the day of delivery) are refunded as credits.
3. My child has dietary restrictions. How can I ensure that they're able to be met?
The Lunch Lady has a complete allergy program and a menu that's adaptable to gluten free, egg and lactose free, vegetarian, halal, and diabetic diets. All food and premises peanut/tree nut free.
4. How is the food packaged?
All packaging is recyclable, and there is a "bring your own cutlery" program to avoid unnecessary utensils. There are special menus for big appetites and little lunches for younger children.
5. Are all kids eligible?
This is available for all children that attend Bruce Jr., from JK-Grade 8.
6. Does the hot lunch program affect the nutrition program?
No, students will still be getting a morning snack as part of the nutrition program.
7. When does it start?
The plan is to have all systems go for the 3rd week of September, 2019.
8. What if I want my child to participate, but I need a little financial help?
Our goal is to have hot lunch for every student whose family wishes to participate. Please connect with the principal and he can give you the details of how we will be making this program accessible for all.