Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Fairglen Junior Public School. We work in a partnership with our students, staff, parents and community to develop and maintain a safe, nurturing, positive and respectful learning environment.
At Fairglen, we take every opportunity to develop in our students the skills that will be essential to them in their day-to-day life and in their future careers as 21 Century learners. These essential skills are:
- Oral Communication
- Collaborative Learning
- Inquiry and Problem Based Learning
- Using Innovative Technologies as tools for learning
- Student Led and Project Based Learning
- Higher Order Thinking
We demonstrate and encourage a very high standard of behaviour which transcends our differences and expresses our common humanity. We believe that character matters. We teach and encourage such attributes as respect, initiative, responsibility, perseverance, honesty, integrity, empathy, and fairness. At Fairglen, we are preparing our learners to be responsible, caring and contributing citizens; to develop the emotional and social skills to assist them with their academic achievement and well-being.
Our staff and I are dedicated to assisting all of our students to reach grade expectations in all curriculum areas as well as providing enriching experiences in the community. Students are always “Learning Together with Spirit and Pride”.
Fairglen Mission Statement
We are committed to providing a solid foundation for lifelong learning focusing on:
- an interactive learning environment based on Ministry expectations that encourages problem-solving, decision-making, and independent thinking
- a development of skills that promote discovery, research, and inquiry
- a recognition of different needs and learning styles, enabling our students to reach their full potential
- a safe and secure environment where everyone is treated equitably and with respect
- an awareness of the uniqueness and diversity of our students and our community
- a sense of pride among students, parents, staff and our community
- a recognition of our responsibility to ourselves, our families, our school, as well as the broader community in which we live
With best wishes for a wonderful school year,
Mrs. L. Zwicker