School councils are an excellent way to get involved with your child’s education. School councils are an advisory body functioning under Ministry of Education Ontario Regulations 612/00 and board policy. Its purpose is to improve student achievement and enhance accountability of the education system to parents.
At Forest Manor PS, the council accomplishes this by building partnerships between parents/ families, teachers, principals, students and community members. Some of the ways these partnerships work are:
- Advising the principal on issues that are important to the parents and students through council meetings
- Volunteering in events that improve and add value to the school environment
- Educating parents via informal parent lounge sessions and workshops
- Communicating with parents, administration and the Toronto District School Board
- Fundraising to enhance the classroom educational experience for all students at Forest Manor and support council initiatives
Joining the school council is a great way to have your voice heard and participate in important decision making. It’s also a great opportunity to learn about the school and meet other parents and staff. Most importantly it is a great way to positively impact your child’s school experience and help make the school an even better place. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions, comments or concerns regarding activities of the school council.