Acquiring the skills that will enable me to act independently and to be accountable for my decisions and actions so that I can achieve my potential as a life-long learner.
I am responsible when I...
- Come to class prepared with all necessary materials.
- Follow rules and routines independently.
- Complete work thoroughly and on time.
- Take care of my classroom, school,and community environments.
- Take ownership of my behavior.
Acquiring the skills that will enable me to plan, manage my time, and carry out learning tasks on my own or with others so that I can become a more productive learner.
I am organized when I...
- Keep my desk and belongings neat and in order.
- Am ready to start lessons on time.
- Use my class time well to plan and complete my work.
- Have all required notes and handouts in order and dated in my notebooks/duotangs.
- Use my agenda to remember what I have to do at home and at school.
Acquiring the skills that will enable me to follow instructions and complete tasks thoroughly on my own or with others so that I can be a self-directed learner.
I am an independent worker when I...
- Follow instructions and understand what I have to do.
- Remain focused on the task without direct teacher supervision.
- Am not distracted by others or objects in the classroom.
- Use feedback and look for ways to improve my work.
Acquiring the skills that will enable me to work with others respectfully so that I can be a contributing member of my community.
I am an effective collaborator when I...
- Take turns sharing roles and responsibilities with others.
- Listen to and respect the ideas and opinions of others.
- Offer my ideas in respectful ways.
- Complete my share of the work when working with others.
- Resolve conflicts with others by using positive problem solving strategies.
Acquiring the skills that will enable me to be a self-starter who knows when and how to ask for help so that I can influence positive change for myself and for others.
I show initiative when I...
- Have a positive attitude about learning.
- Start my work or follow routines without being told.
- Am willing to take risks and try new things on my own.
- Connect ideas from one subject to another.
- Ask questions when I don’t understand what to do.
Acquiring the skills that will enable me to reflect on my learning so that I can set goals and motivate myself to effectively complete tasks.
I self-regulate when I...
- Exercise self-control when completing learning tasks or interacting with others.
- Set my own goals and work towards achieving them.
- Persevere when learning or social situations are challenging.
- Know my strengths and I reflect in areas where I need to improve.
- Take ownership for my learning and ask for help when I need it.