Please Note: While admission to the Early French Immersion (SK entry)/Middle French Immersion (Grade 4 entry) program is guaranteed at the entry points to all eligible on-time applicants, admission to a specific school is NOT guaranteed. Applications to begin these programs is open to all students not already enrolled in an FSL program.
The timelines for applying online for these programs for September 2021 are:
Early French Immersion which begins in SK (apply for a Junior Kindergarten aged child). Applications must be completed online between
November 2, 2020 and November 27, 2020.
Middle French Immersion** which begins in Grade 4 (apply during grade 3). Applications must be completed online between
January 4, 2021 and January 29, 2021.
**Please note that students in this this program participate in a full day of French language learning (with the possible exception of some prep coverage subjects)**
Application Process (from TDSB website)
Please find below important information regarding the application process for all system Intensive French Programs. Please also note that:
- An offer of placement in Early French Immersion/Middle French Immersion programs is guaranteed to all eligible on-time applicants, however placement in a particular school is not guaranteed.
- You must accept the offer of placement to reserve a spot by the deadline indicated by following the instructions in the offer sent to the email address provided.
- Offers of placement are made based on the child's primary home address of record at the time of application. If the address changes between the time you accept the placement and the beginning of the school year, there is no guarantee that a program space will be available in the new area school.
For further information about French as a Second Language Programs, the application process and important dates, please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/french.
Early French Immersion (SK Entry):
This year, the FSL Department will host three virtual information sessions. They are scheduled on the following dates/times:
- November 2, 2020 at 7 pm
- November 12, 2020 at 7 pm
- November 19, 2020 at 10 am
For more information, please click the following link:
Additional information regarding the application and placement process that you may find useful, including an FAQ about the process, can be found at the link below: