Thank you to the many parents and Guardians who came out this afternoon for our Korean Drumming Concert. The students played very well, under the leadership of their Music teacher; thank you to Mme Kim for bringing this program to our Music Classes!
The students have been learning about the music and culture of Korea. Broadlands is the first school in the TDSB to pilot this program. Here is what some of our students are saying about the program: Owen - It was fun, loud and interesting because we never saw them before and never heard of Korea, which is on the other side of the world. Selena - I like how each stick was different and we held them differently. Isabel - We learned new Korean words and the background of the instruments. It was a cool, new experience. Semira - It was fun, like an adventure.
Welcome to our school web site. As part of the Toronto District School Board, we value
- each and every student;
- a strong public education system;
- a partnership of students, schools, family and community;
- the uniqueness and diversity of our students and our community;
- the commitment and skills of our staff;
- equity, innovation, accountability and accessibility; and
- learning environments that are safe, nurturing, positive and respectful.
Our web site is one way we can demonstrate these values. Click on the menu items to find out more about our school and please visit often.