TDSB Online Code of Conduct (Full Version)
Personal Safety Rules For Using the Internet at Broadlands and at Home
- Never reveal information about your personal identity (such as your name, address, phone number, age, physical description or school) to strangers whom you may encounter on-line. Likewise, do not reveal such information in a public on-line forum where you may not know everyone who might see the information.
- Never reveal personal information on-line about someone else unless you have their prior permission and you know the information will not be used for harmful purposes.
- Never reveal your access password or that of anyone else.
- Never send a picture of yourself, another person or a group over an electronic network without prior informed permission of all the individuals involved and, in the case of minors, their parents or guardians.
- Report immediately to a teacher any message or request that you receive that bothers you or that suggests personal contact with you.
- Never publish the specific dates, times and locations of field trips to people who are not directly entitled to such information or to public forums where unknown persons might access the information.