In the fall of 2006, discussions were held to discuss a dress code policy for students at Brookside P.S. After much discussion and meetings with parents, teachers, and administration, a vote was held for all families. Our community voted to adopt a mandatory uniform policy for implementation in September 2007.
The success of our mandatory school uniform policy relies on parental support and involvement. Together parents and staff can create a difference by providing a supportive and nurturing educational environment for all students to reach their maximum potential.
Tops must be crested with the Brookside logo (purchased from McCarthy’s)
- Tops must touch bottoms (no mid-sections showing)
- Tops are navy blue, white, and light blue
Pants are to be dark navy blue (purchased at any store or from McCarthy’s)
- Stripes, emblems, or logos of any kind should not be visible
- Denim (jeans), active wear (sweatpants), and athletic shorts are not permitted (athletic shorts/sweats are permitted for gym/sports)
- Pants should fit properly (i.e., not baggy) and worn around the waist
Skirts and shorts are to be dark navy blue (purchased at any store or from McCarthy’s; navy blue tunics to be purchased from McCarthy’s)
- Length of skirts, tunics, and/or shorts should be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee
- If there is a slit in the skirt, it should not be more than 2 inches above the knee
TO PURCHASE UNIFORMS:
Shop online: www.rjmccarthy.com
Shop by phone: 416-593-6900
Visit the store: 12 Trojan Gate, Scarborough ON