In 1897, Walter Massey bought land extending from Dawes Road to Pharmacy and from Danforth Road north beyond what is now called Wilket Park Creek. He named the property Dentonia Park Farm in honour of his wife, Susan Denton.
The farm originally started as a summer estate and a “means of providing pure air and wholesome food, especially pure milk” for his children. When Walter Massey died, his wife took over the operation of the farm. In 1913, she began construction of a large estate house. It had over one hundred rooms, including darkrooms, library, auditorium and an indoor swimming pool. In 1933, Mrs. Massey gave the big house and fifty acres to Crescent School, a preparatory school for boys, ages seven to fourteen. After many years, Crescent School moved and the construction of condominiums began shortly after, in 1968. The Crescent School is now located on Bayview Avenue.
Crescent Town School, first opened to students in 1973. The school enrollment was slightly in excess of five hundred, over the years declined to three hundred and is presently approximately seven hundred students from many countries around the world. The school has undergone large additions and addition projects for full day kindergarten requirements.