Fairbank Memorial Community School (GR. UG-05)
Fairbank Memorial Community School is located at 555 Harvie Avenue, west of Dufferin Street and south of Eglinton Avenue. The area was originally established as the Fairbank Postal Village at the intersection of Vaughan Road at Eglinton Avenue and Dufferin Street (an early settlers' route crossing through farmland on the way to Vaughan Township). The neighbourhood has many rolling hills and steep, climbing streets. Most of the community as it exists today was planned in the interwar years (1920s & 1930s). The original school building was constructed in 1920, as a memorial to the young men from the Fairbank area who died during the First World War. Additions were built in 1930, 1955, 1957, and in 1965.