– Drawings produced by the Board of Education for ‘Site Renovations’ for southern end of school yard, which included the existing sod play field, trees and shrubs, a play structure and playhouses, and a brick paved entrance to the school at the south-east corner.
– Drawings produced by the Board of Education for ‘Site Renovations’ for north end of school yard as a result of the addition of the community centre, which included moving the teacher’s parking lot, formalizing the walk to the subway with decorative paving and a tree allée, additional tree plantings, a new baseball diamond, and ball hockey and basketball courts.
2002 September 11
– Peace Garden established to commemorate victims of 9/11 tragedy.
– Toronto District School Board (TDSB) commits to the renovation of the playground area and equipment.
– Parents initiate discussions to mitigate declining enrolment and loss of Grade 6 to D.A. Morrison. The outcome is to create an environmental focus at the school.
– School Improvement Team and Gledhill School and Community Association (SACA) form committee to initiate school yard greening project.
– Phase One of new 'Junior' playground equipment installed.
– Phase Two and Three plans reviewed and submitted.
Winter – Proposal development, community mapping, and visioning!
– Phase Two of 'Intermediate' playground equipment installed and TDSB supports funding and construction of Phase Three, ‘Spirit Garden’, outdoor learning area.
– Tree and shrub plantings supported by Evergreen grant.
– Master Plan and mentoring proposal submitted to Faculty of Landscape Architecture, and Design (al&d), University of Toronto.
– Alissa North and Pete North, Partners of North Design Office, and Assistant Professors in the Landscape Architecture Program at the al&d, chosen to help guide and prepare the Master Plan, with assistance from Landscape Architecture Students at the al&d.
– Master Plan 'project kick-off' meeting at the school, with SACA members and Master Plan Project Team.
– Master Plan Project Team undertakes site research and analysis.
– School Yard Master Plan Community Planning Night, to share initial findings with school community and to hear their thoughts, ideas, and comments concerning the school yard.