Reminder: Selection Form for 2021-22 School Year
August 4, 2021
We hope everyone is enjoying the summer break!
As you know, the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) will be asking families to complete a Selection Form for In-Person or Virtual Learning for the 2021-22 school year.
This is a reminder that you will receive an email with a Selection Form link tomorrow, Thursday, August 5. The Selection Form for In-Person or Virtual Learning must be completed online from Thursday, August 5 to Thursday, August 12. Please note: the selection form email will come from the address TDSB@qemailserver.com. Please watch for the email on August 5 and check your junk folders.
Families will receive a separate email and link for each student and must complete the Selection Form using the link provided. Students will be placed in In-Person Learning if we do not receive a completed Selection Form by August 12.
Thank you again for your cooperation as we prepare for the school year ahead. We look forward to welcoming students back to school in September!
For more information please check the TDSB website at: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/School-Year-2021-22/Selection-Form
SHARING FROM THE TDSB:
Registration for In-School or Virtual Learning
After recent changes from the Ministry of Education, the TDSB has adjusted and finalized the models for in-school and virtual learning ( elementary and secondary) for September 2020. As a result of these changes, we wanted to give parents/guardians the opportunity to review the new models and make a final decision about registration for their children.
Starting on Wednesday, August 26, the TDSB will be contacting parents/guardians and asking them to register their children for either in-person (in-school) or remote (Virtual School) learning for September 2020. It is very important that all parents/guardians complete the registration so that schools can create accurate class lists and staff appropriately.
Learn more about the models for in-school and virtual learning (elementary and secondary) for September 2020, and the TDSB’s plan for the safe return to school.
About the Registration Process:
- On August 26, parents/guardians with an email address on file will receive a link to register their children online. Only parents/guardians who do not have an email address on file or who do not complete the online registration before the deadline (Saturday, August 29) will receive an automated registration phone call.
- It is very important that all parents/guardians complete this registration, including those who have already filled out the pre-registration survey sent earlier this month.
- The link to register online cannot be shared as it is connected to an individual student through a unique student identification number.
- Parents/guardians with more than one child will receive one email per child and will be required to complete a separate registration for each child.
- Phone calls will come from School Messenger and will display a “1-833” number. This is the same number used for Attendance calls.
- As only the elementary, secondary and virtual learning models have changed, the TDSB will not be asking EdVance and Adult learners to confirm their registration. The results from the pre-registration survey will be used, and EdVance and Adult learners can contact their schools directly starting August 31 to make any changes to their registration. Principals will also begin contacting EdVance and Adult learners who did not complete the pre-registration survey.
- Starting the week of August 31, schools will begin following-up with parents/guardians who did not complete the registration.
- We recognize that parents/guardians and/or students may want to switch between in-person learning and Virtual School. It is important to note that, for health and safety reasons, and because of the impact switching would have on staffing, physical distancing and space allocation, it will not be possible to immediately transition between the two models. As a result, opportunities to enter the Virtual School or to return to in-person learning will be provided at key dates during the school year. See the dates for elementary and secondary transitions.
A Vision for Learning in TDSB
Our Commitment is Equity of Access and Outcome for All Students
TDSB is committed to creating an equitable school system where the achievement and well-being of every student is fostered through rich,culturally authentic learning experiences in diverse, accepting environments where all are included, every voice is heard, and every experience is honoured.
Each school will determine a learning focus in three areas: equity, well-being and achievement. In addition to identifying the three focus areas, this process will include engaging in the learning to support student improvement in these areas, determining the evidence and data to be collected and monitoring progress. Read more about the TDSB Vision for Learning at:
LUNCHROOM SUPERVISORS NEEDED
We are looking to hire more Lunchroom Supervisors for the next school year to help fill in on days when our regular staff are off – please apply online at: https://surveys.tdsb.on.ca/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/383359/lang/en and if you have any questions, please email our Vice Principal, Adeshola Agbaje-Ojo at: Adeshola.Agbaje-Ojo@tdsb.on.ca