At Huron Street Public School we work to create an inclusive, safe, friendly and stimulating environment where students, staff, parents/guardians and others are valued and respected for their diversity and uniqueness.
We are dedicated to providing exemplary programming for all our students. Our programs foster academic excellence, creative thinking, self-discipline and a love of learning. We believe that all children can learn successfully and attain high levels of achievement.
Everyone in the Huron Community has the right to:
- feel safe
- be free from harassment
- be free from name calling
- feel welcomed, respected and valued
- be free from fear, prejudice and distraction
- feel that it is okay to be different
Huron’s program concentrates on Literacy, Numeracy and Safety. This is achieved through:
- Balanced literacy
- First Steps reading and writing
- Cross-curricular reading and writing in math, science and social studies
- Implementing the Ontario Curriculum
- Information Technology
- Equity and anti-bullying programs