On behalf of John G’s School Council, we welcome all our new and returning students and families!
We are excited for this new school year ahead and are looking forward to continuing to support our school through active parent engagement. Getting involved in our School Council is a great way to be involved with your child’s school and education. We invite you to come out and be part of our council of parents, caregivers, and school staff! You will hear reports from our Chairs, Principal, teacher reps, and more. Everyone is welcome to attend our meetings and if you are considering becoming a voting or executive member of the council be sure to fill out the nomination form.
Please check the JGA Google Calendar for School Council meeting dates.
Marcia Rupke and Syma Saleem
School Council Nomination Form
In the 2022-23 school year, the Council raised over $10,000 through:
· Pizza lunches
· Cookie & popcorn sales
· Freezie sales
· Purdy’s chocolate orders
Funds raised in 2022/23 along with some carryover from the previous year were allocated to:
· Grade 7 “Film for a Day” event
· Grade 8 Grad excursions
· Grad reception
· Paul Davis student and parent presentations
· X-movement program for all grades
· Athletic uniforms
· Instrument repairs and music program contribution
· Sound equipment for the school musical, Beauty & the Beast
· Rainy day games for classrooms, e.g. cards and board games
· French Classroom headphone set
Thank you to all of the volunteers who made these fundraising events happen!